Here is the description taken from Wishtrend's web page:
The best selling item of 2012 and the fastest effect with Vitamin C.
Need to tone up loose skin for keeping youth.
+ Includes Pure Vitamin-C 20%.
+ Whitening /Recovering trouble Scars.
+ Removing Blackheads.
+ Ranked the best selling item
in Singapore No.1 commerce. (2012)
+ Ranked the best selling item
in Japan e-commerce. (2013)
Brand : OSTVolume : 30mlAll Skin TypeMade in Korea
Ingredients: Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethanol, Sodium Lactate, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Davurica Bud Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius Flower Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Sodium Hyaluronate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan, PEG-180, Gluconolactone, Beta-Glucan, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Zinc PCA, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Tocopherylacetate, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ubiquinone, Diisopropyladipate, phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben
Need to tone up loose skin for keeping youth.
+ Includes Pure Vitamin-C 20%.
+ Whitening /Recovering trouble Scars.
+ Removing Blackheads.
+ Ranked the best selling item
in Singapore No.1 commerce. (2012)
+ Ranked the best selling item
in Japan e-commerce. (2013)
Brand : OSTVolume : 30mlAll Skin TypeMade in Korea
Ingredients: Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethanol, Sodium Lactate, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Davurica Bud Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius Flower Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Sodium Hyaluronate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan, PEG-180, Gluconolactone, Beta-Glucan, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Zinc PCA, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Tocopherylacetate, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ubiquinone, Diisopropyladipate, phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben
Apart from Vitamin C it contains a mostly different moisturizers, some plant extracts as antioxidants, but also Alcohol (Ethanol). Vitamin C is an antioxidant and thus can prevent our skin from aging too early. The content of Vitamin C in this serum compared to other vitamin C containing products is rather high. It contains 20 % Vitamin C. You have to know that a high concentration of Vitamin C doesn't mean automatically that it is more effective concerning anti-aging. Normally, a high concentration of Vitamin C aims at a visible effect, because it tends to operate as a peeling by loosening dead and old cells. This is not a bad effect and stimulates the skin to regenerate itself, but keep in mind that it won't affect the inner cell layers of your skin which have to be aimed if you really want an anti-aging effect.
As you can see, the packaging is rather simply and has a orange color. Most people think of fruits, especially oranges, if they think about vitamin C, probably this is also the reason for the choice of this color for the packaging. There is also a lot of description in Korean written on the packaging.
The bottle inside comes with a sealed cap and a separately packed pipette. The pipette is very useful for the application of the serum and makes it possible to dose the serum nicely.
Since Vitamins oxidize by time and are damaged by direct light/heat it is important that the cap can be closed firmly and that the glass of the bottle is brown and not clear. Also, it is important that you keep the bottle in a cool place, for example in the fridge.
As you can see in the image above, the color of the serum is a very light yellow. The color becomes more visible the longer you keep the serum, so it is best to use it as soon as possible, once the bottle is opened.
As to the structure of the serum: it is a bit less fluid than water, similar to oil and has a similar thick consistency. When applied on the skin it leaves the skin with stickiness. I had no problems with the stickiness as long as I applied it only before sleeping. During daytime I didn't want to have the sticky feeling. Finally, I started mixing 2-3 drops of the serum with my toner or moisturizer in the morning, which worked great and was much less sticky than putting it on your skin alone. Btw., the scent reminds me a bit of oranges.
So, what effects did this serum have on my skin? I tested it for around 2 months now and it does some nice work on the skin: my skin feels more even and smooth and appears cleaner. I didn't see a whitening effect or any effects on my black-/whiteheads (but I really don't have many of them to begin with...). It seems the peeling effect by the vitamin C works really nice and the skin regenerates itself a bit, resulting in the nice feeling of my skin which I had. Since I liked the effect of it I can recommend you to try O.S.T Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum by yourself. Perhaps it improves your skin, too and/or even helps with the other skin problems. One negative part I recognized was, that the serum stings the first few minutes after application. After a while this effect vanishes though. If you tend to have dry skin like me, this serum can be a bit drying, but you can either mix the serum with a moisturizer or apply moisturizer afterwards.
At the moment the O.S.T Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum is on sale on Wishtrend for US$19.99. The bottle contains 30 ml. Also, if you register as new customer on their web page, you have free shipping on your first purchase. They have also started an affiliate programme lately. Just take a look at their web page :)
Rating:
♥ You can follow me on bloglovin', facebook or since recently on instagram :D ♥







Does this make skin photosensitive? I am hearing pretty mixed opinions about that and I am not sure who to believe.
ReplyDeleteI didn't have any problems during the time that I used it, but I have to say that Germany is not a country were the sun is permanently shining (especially not now) It may be that it reacts in another way if your skin is exposed a lot to sun, but that I cannot say. Also, I read a lot of reviews on this serum before I owned it by myself and all were positive, and if they were neutral they didn't mention anything about photosensitivety...
DeleteI tried this product and it really did not like oil increased my face also did not give me any results and my skin got worse over time. Many thanks for your review.
ReplyDeleteI want invite you to Join to my MOOTTA Giveaway for win "Innisfree Masks + Anklet"
Too bad this didn't work for you. Actually it is strange that you had an increase of oil while using it, since I had the feeling it was on the drying side...Thanks for commenting and reading ♥
DeleteHi ! i really like your blog ^-^ would you like to follow each other ? let me know <3
ReplyDeletehttp://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/
Thank you! and thaqnks for commenting. I read your blog :) You're from Italy, right? I followed you ;)
DeleteI love this product ^^ it works well on healing acne and works great on my skin too ^^ thank you for your review fräulein :D
ReplyDeletemisaraisu
I saw your review and I've been curious how it would work on my skin since then. thanks for commenting and reading!♥
Deleteread so many good reviews about this serum, i wish i can try it ^^
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting, rini. Hope you can try this one sometime, too and thanks for reading again ♥
DeleteWow I've read so many good review about this product, I really want to try one hopefully. Well since the Vitamin C is easy to be damaged by heat and sun, I think the best time to use this serum is night time only
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment! I think it's a good thing to use it over night, also because the skin is more active then.
DeleteHi hun,
ReplyDeleteSomeone might have let you know already, but when I go to your blog, I get a Malware warning from Google, encouraging me to turn back, because "Content from tht-christina.blogspot.com.au, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page.".
They, thanks for telling me, I tried to fix the problem, and I hope it worked out. Thanks again ♥
DeleteI love learning about skincare lately...and this serum isn't a bad price! Thanks for sharing about it :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, I'm happy I could help a bit ;)
DeleteThanks for commenting or reading. Of course we can do. :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard so much about this product! I'm hoping to save up for it since it helps heal skin. *A*
ReplyDeleteI'll be sure to expect stinging and apply moisturizer since I have sensitive skin. :>
Thank you for the review! <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please check out my blog if you have the time! ;v;
pandagin.blogspot.com
☆ gin ★
If you have the chance to try it you should do. It is expansive, but it has really some nice effects. At least it did have for me. Thanks for reading again ♥
Deletewow it seemed to have some amazing results for you~ definitely going to purchase in the future~ <3
ReplyDeletePINKIVORYS- click for korean beauty and kpop~ ^^
It really did. I'm really happy I tried this out :) Thanks for commenting :)
Delete